Awards and Rankings 2017
WHISTLER, BC November 8, 2016 – With the anticipation of opening day and the descending snowline weighing heavily on skiers and snowboarders near and far, Whistler Blackcomb is proud to celebrate numerous awards and accolades for the 2016.17 winter season including being named the No. 1 Overall Resort by SKI Magazine for the third year in a row. With 8,171 acres of skiable terrain, 37 lifts, an annual average snowfall of 11.70 metres (38.4 ft) and a goal to be the best mountain resort in the world, it’s not surprising Whistler Blackcomb consistently finds itself at the top.
Whistler Blackcomb Awards and Rankings 2016.2017
- No. 1 Overall Resort – SKI Magazine
- Best Ski Resort in the World – Telegraph UK
- One of Canada’s Best Ski Resorts – Telegraph UK
- Regional Best Overall Resort – OnTheSnow
- No. 1 in Terrain Variety and Off-Hill Activities – SKI Magazine
- No. 2 in Lodging and Après – SKI Magazine
- No. 3 in Lifts, Dining and Terrain Parks – SKI Magazine
- No. 4 in Terrain Challenge and Scenery – SKI Magazine
- 5 Star Ski Resort – Skiresort.info
- Rix Award for Engaged Corporate Citizenship – The Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
- Condè Naste Traveller Reader Awards – Condè Naste
- 12 Best Apres Ski Bars in the World-GLC – UnofficialNetworks.com
- Certificate of Excellence-Crystal Hut – Trip Advisor
“We are honoured to be recognized as a top ranking resort in a variety of categories and publications both in North America and overseas,” says Stuart Rempel, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Whistler Blackcomb. “As we continually strive to be the best, it is encouraging to receive such positive affirmation we are on the right track.”
With plenty of early season snowfall, opening day on Whistler Mountain is scheduled for November 24. To date Whistler Blackcomb has received 47cm (19in) of snow since November 1, as measured at the Pig Alley weather station located on Whistler Mountain at 1,650m.
Guests looking to plan a trip to the consistently rated No. 1 Mountain Resort in North America can visit whistlerblackcomb.com/purchase/deals-packages or call 1-866-787-1966.